Rex Lee's

There are some things in our lives that reach beyond the moment. They echo back to simpler times when the world wasn't so complicated, when Saturday mornings meant cartoons and not yard work.  It's these moments when we are able to completely loose ourselves to the timeless rhythm life.

Just as sure as the summer wanes into fall, I reach back almost instinctively to the happy days of my youth.  Every autumn my family and I would head off into the country on a lazy afternoon to the apple orchards where we'd pick fresh from the trees, our own delicious little red treasures.

I don't always get to go every year, but I always make it point to try. This year I was able to share this experience with the next generation of my family, my neices.  It's nice to know that the memories, the warm fall sun, the laughter of delight at picking just the right apple, the cold cider and the bales of hay have been passed on. 








Comments

Popular Posts