Cafe at Night
The coffee is pipping hot and music plays without a care over worn-out speakers - a random assortment of classics from yesteryear and modern-day song writers. Traffic lights dance off the reflection of the glass as I watch people pass down the street. Conversation occurs in hushed tones, quietly wafting over the staccato of keyboard strokes and the clanging of coffee mugs from the baristas in the kitchen. This is the cafe at night. Students are engrossed in learning and friends are chatting over the warm and inviting scents of fresh brewed coffee.
And somewhere between reading my text book and indulgent sips of an artfully brewed latte, I can feel myself slipping away in to my own little corner of the urban universe; pulsing to the rhythm of this place. And this moment, was worth all the turmoil of the day.
And somewhere between reading my text book and indulgent sips of an artfully brewed latte, I can feel myself slipping away in to my own little corner of the urban universe; pulsing to the rhythm of this place. And this moment, was worth all the turmoil of the day.


Comments
Post a Comment