Make Memories; Define Your Life



I want to slow down; feel a connection to the moment and breathe the sweet cool air of life.  My life is comprised of all these memories: memories of moments that define who I am, what I believe and those things that touched my soul the deepest.  I will never forget the feeling of seeing the majesty of the west for the first time, the wind through my hair in Canyonlands, the cold of the snow in a Rocky Mountain summer:  the sheer epic-ness of the valley in Yosemite, or the humbling power of the ancient sequoias.  

Some people spend their lives in the quest for things and status – the latest gadget, the newest design trends, the hottest hairstyles.  For others, the true meaning of life is found in the connections made with others and the shared value of experience.  For me, I will always belong to the later.  I will always pick the experience; the hug from my wife as we stand against the Niagara River at sunset, the feeling of her hand in mine as we stroll down the lazy boulevards of Charleston, waking up next to her in the Badlands, snuggling with her against the cold in Yellowstone.  This life is so blessedly short; our time so wondrously limited – that should we spend any of it in waste is a tragedy.  Go and find what drives you; what touches your heart and inspires your soul and then share that with the world!

Comments

Popular Posts